Saturday, November 14, 2009

No Russian.

Like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 there is a disturbing scene ahead and I'm willing to let you pass it. There is profanity, bad english, and an overall disturbing feel to the following post. If you feel you're comfortable to do anything to feel raw emotion of a fan getting kicked in the balls for the 7th straight week, read on after the break....





You may look at the timestamp and realize "Hey, it was still the third quarter, and any Michigan fan would still be watching and hoping for a victory." FUCK YOU. Thats what I'll say to anyone who questions my fandom. Ever.

Not only is that my mantra to anyone who questions my dedication to this team, but its also become the mantra of this Michigan program. You don't give up nearly 500 yards passing last week and on pace to beat that out this week. Michigan Football as a whole has looked directly into your television, right into your living room, and right into our souls and said "FUCK YOU."

Fuck you Michigan Fan, we're not going to figure out how to defend the pass, the run, or show up in any way that doesn't make you think of high school football. We're not going to turn around on a gauranteed fade route, we're not going to make a play when our team and fans need it the most. We're not going to figure out how to defend a pass over the middle against a team known for running the ball. And when we sell out on that run, we're gonna allow a 30 yard run. Fuck You Michigan fan, Fuck You. But remember we're young, and we're getting better, and someday we'll be really good. Someday we'll learn how to come out in the 2nd half better than the 1st not worse. Who the hell knows when this tired mantra will run out. Who knows when we'll be good, cuz we don't even have flashes of it.

And we're supposed to take it. We're supposed to sit there and watch our hearts get run over, and gasp for breath every time a QB drops back to pass. We're supposed to get out of bed on Saturday, get ready for a game, and give everything we have to a team that goes out and doesn't look like they give a shit. This team gets picked apart worse than any other bad BigTen I've ever seen. Wisconsin did what ever they wanted, they ran, they passed, and Michigan didn't do anything...It was demoralizing.

I've sat here wondering why I'll make the trip to Ann Arbor next week. Why will I be boiling pissed when I see a shitload of red in my stadium? Why will I give a shit when OSU runs out of that tunnel? Why will I get chills when I look up into a gray November sky and look down on a green field of Maize, Blue, Scarlet, and Gray? Who gives a shit, because they certainly don't. But I will, because thats what I was born to do. The real maize and blue faithful will show up, watch on TV, and from their spots in the Michigan universe, they will have put more in than any player has this season.

At the beginning of the year I bought my shirt. ALL IN FOR MICHIGAN it read, but that was it, I bought it, I bought in, and Rich Rod, Bill Martin, and everyone else in this administration went ALL INTO THE BANK. Nobody out there is all in, they don't even have a toe in. Nobody gives a fuck.

So with this post I say Fuck You team on the field, You are not Michigan, you and last years team will someday be erased from the history books. You're careers lacked anything that resembled anything Michigan has stood for. So on the 21st, put you're helmets on one last time, run out the tunnel one last time and touch MY banner, go through the motions one last time, and get the fuck out. You don't deserve a bowl game, you don't deserve to represent your university to the country. You deserve that cold walk across the diag with glares coming from the people walking by. You are nothing.

This has been brewing all week long, since Dad told me about a moment from last weeks game. "On 3rd and long, the players are motioning for the fans to get up, and we did, it was loud. Then they forgot to cover the TE, and gave up 1st and 10." And it wasn't the same old BigBob in his voice. It wasn't the same "Oh, well." My dad had gone from the "Good Example" in the crown during my younger days telling me "You guys put too much into it" into the guy who was standing right next to me yelling and screaming like a crazy maniac the last 3 years. It was refreshing, at one moment at the beginning of this revelation I remember looking over with Brian, and laughing to eachother, because he was the only one screaming like a madman. But Purdue finally did it. It had taken the man I learned my passion from and demoralized him. There's no reason for this, there's no reason for men to put there reputations and sometimes health on the line for a bunch of 20 year olds playing a game. But we do, and we will. Because thats what we're supposed to do. And starting now, it's OhioState week. And somehow someway we will beat the Buckeyes.

GO BLUE!!!

3 comments:

  1. 99% correct , one player in this whole mess you over looked BRANDON GRAHAM, he's double teamed ,plays special team and gives 100%, just an old school MICHIGAN MEN! AND GOD knows he could use some help

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few bright spots...

    Tate - I thought he played pretty well. It has been an up and down season for him, but his future is bright.

    Roundtree - Fearless route runner who catches everything. Not the most explosive player, but he is productive.

    V. Smith - Plays with heart and desire, and has some "Hart" qualities, except faster.

    RVB/Martin - Both made plays, but they are both playing out of position. Regardless, they play hard, but rarely get spelled due to lack of depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: Ohio State/Meeshigan game this week...
    in the immortal words of Ozzie O.
    "mama i'm comin home!"
    bowl eligibility vs. pride
    the incentive to be bowl eligible just might win...
    keep the faith you blue boys

    ReplyDelete