Monday, November 9, 2009

Michigan, my Michigan

I was at the game on Saturday. Another heartbreaking defeat. I was pissed more than I normally am, more than the Gate has ever seen me. As we started down the aisle for the long wait to get out of the stadium, a gentleman looked at me and said "In 2 years, we'll be great." I replied, "Yeah, in 2 years we'll win games 50-48! I say, that's bull crap, you win with defense. Ask Bo or osu. As we moved another few feet, a so called Michigan fan dressed in his maize and blue yells across to his friend that he'll sell his Michigan-Ohio State ticket for $10. His friend replied, "Why for $10?" He said, "This place will be filled with Buckeyes in 2 weeks." Which, as pissed as I was, I turned to this supposed Michigan Fan and said "It's because of asshole season ticketholders like you that sell your tickets that I have to sit by MSU, PSU and OSU fans for these big games in my own stadium. " He answered, "You gotta make a buck when you can." If these people can't stand by the team when we are losing, they might as well stay home when they are winning. They are no fan of the University of Michigan. If you're a season ticketholder not going to the game, sell your ticket to a U of M fan, not a foe!

2 comments:

  1. We witnessed the same thing in Section 11. Also, when the Carlos Brown pizzy of the bizzy to Mark Huyge was ruled an illegal forward pass, people started to pour out to the gates. WITH FIVE MINUTES LEFT!! Luckily, our section was pretty good about getting up and cheering for the big moments, but there was still the occasional "down in front" comment.

    As far as defense, I think we are starting to get some more players. We are not going to be playing Jordan Kovacs', Will Heinegers, Kevin Leach's, Mike William's forever. It will take time, though. Sadly, this is one thing that is the hardest for any fan. I am just as much into the "now" as any other fan, but it is also important to realize that we only have 71 scholarship players right now (out of 85), and that total includes David Cone, Adam Patterson, James Rogers, among other failures that Lloyd Carr recruited. I have confidence that Vlad, JT Turner, JB Fitzgerald, Will Campbell, Mike Martin, Craig Roh, Thomas Gordon, and others will make for a solid foundation in the years to come on the defensive side of the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to get back to the stadium! Even in a loss it is a great place to reconnect and remember why I began to love this team with the help of the Kardos and Dusseau families

    ReplyDelete